Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bow-tiful Bow Holder

I am getting ready to move to a new house. Which is often times a very BIG pain. One thing I do enjoy about moving is the opportunity to really organize and clean out. The house we are moving to has 3.5 bathrooms! Which for us is a huge upgrade. We are used to sharing one bathroom between the six of us. As excited as I am, you can imagine my disappointment when I realized two bathrooms didn't have any drawers in the vanity area. CRAZY!? Yes, I agree. I had to figure out a way to store the girls' hair bows. I have seen and tried several different "bow holders" over the years. They were either too flimsy or not large enough. So what did I do, you ask?! I made my own.

I took this old calendar holder that has been sitting in my garage for probably six years now...
I took the back of it off since it was no longer going to be needed. Then I spray painted it. I chose brown so that it would match the same color scheme as the girls' shower curtain.
After it was dry and several weeks later (because I am a slacker) I added some wire mesh to the back. I did wire mesh, because it was free. We already had it in the garage. I have seen this done with chicken coop fencing, also.
The only other tools you will need is a pair of wire cutters and a stapler with staples. (I love that power stapler!) You cut the wire mesh to fit the length of your frame. Then staple it on the backside of the board. It was super simple.

After it was complete I stuck all of our bows on there. We have quite the collection--but I guess that's to be expected with two little girls.
I'm looking forward to hanging this in their new bathroom.
~Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment